Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Namsan, Seoul, South Korea


Namsan also known as "South Mountain" features the Seoul N Tower is the highest point in the city of Seoul and offers residents and tourists a panoramic view of the city, offering hiking, recreation, work out machines during the day, and is a very popular location for couples at night.


This was the first place we visited the first time being in Seoul, as our flight had arrived early in the morning at 6AM from Hong Kong, and was brought here by bus to explore the park and hike up the hill. It offers a beautiful trail flanked with green trees and flowers with older citizens exercising and hiking along.


The second time visiting Seoul, I wanted to explore it in a different view, at night. Also instead of taking the bus up or hiking up, I chose to take the cable car up.


Once up to Namsan Park, you will see locks of love placed all over trees, and the fence which symbolizes the love between a couple that their love will never be unlocked as they toss the key over the mountain.


I don't know why, but I went up on a Monday night and it was really busy. I remember most just lining up to go up the elevator to the N Tower, then again lining up to come down the elevator, and the cable car. But the views were breathtaking and the night lights of Seoul can be clearly seen for miles out.


I was most impressed with the view of the Han River and the bridges that crosses the river. I remember hanging out by the river, and looking up upon this mountain and the tower, the beautiful view reciprocates. By the end of it all, I was really tired from all the standing in line as I took the cable car back down, and a short walk from the station back towards Myeongdong.


No comments:

Post a Comment